Getting Prospects to Say: "I Want to Buy"
- Your goal when working with a prospective customer is to engage them in conversation so they can make a buying decision.
- You need to warm up the prospect before they will make a buying decision.
- Your goal should be to move someone from a person on an email list to a conversation over the phone or in person.
- If you have permission to text someone, you are much more likely to get them engaged in a conversation than you would through an email.
- After sending a text, your goal is to get the prospect on the phone where they can ask clarifying questions and gain a better understanding of your product or service.
- You can send an SMS or MMS that may include a video or an image.
- Ask a question in your text, so they will be prompted to respond which will encourage a back and forth conversation with someone on your team.
- A conversation starter text message helps you to identify who is ready to talk to someone and learn more about what you have to offer.
- Typically you will want to reach out via text several times during a sale cycle.
- If you get in the habit of using conversation starters in your emails and texts, you will experience more sales.
- Identify the strategy you are using, determine when it would be best to send your conversation text messages, and then track the results.
- Conversation starters will help you to identify your most likely customers.